Other major reasons to serve this airport
- 120 kilometres of beaches (awarded with blue flag status).
- Major music festivals (audience: Arenal sound festival – 260,000 people; Rototom – 250,000 people; FIB – 115,000 people).
- Wide choice of spas and wellness resorts (400,000 tourists enjoy health & wellness programmes).
Marketing/and other support
- Castellón is the first airport in Spain to be managed by a private company.
- Competitive aeronautical fares.
- Incentives on landing and passenger fees (75% discount Year 1 – 50% discount Year 2 – 25% discount Year 3).
- Comprehensive marketing support for new routes.
- Free car parking for passengers.
Airport Catchment area
- City of Castellón – 250,000 inhabitants.
- Castellón Province – 605,000 inhabitants.
- 60-min catchment area – 890,000 inhabitants (1,675,000 including Valencia).
- 90-min catchment area – 2,307,000 inhabitants (3,093,000 including Valencia).
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Brand new facilities.
- Strong agricultural sector (citrus, kakis, avocados, mangoes, pomegranates, watermelon, cauliflower, cabbage …).
- Dynamic ceramic sector within Castellón area (Porcelanosa grupo, STN ceramica, Karimex,Keros ceramica, Institut de promocio ceramica …).
- Abundant space in public and non-public areas.
- 24/7 opening policy.
- Castellón is the most northerly province of the Valenciana Community, and the second most mountainous in Spain. It offers a coastline with excellent beaches, stretching for more than 120 kilometres, adjacent to a diverse and natural interior which cannot fail to move the visitor. The province of Castellón is a tourist destination whose charms and contrasts can be enjoyed 365 days a year.
- Direct motorway access.
- 500 parking spaces.
Castellón is directly linked to nine cities with bus facilitation:
- Castellon railway station
- Oropessa del mar
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway: One (2,700 x 45 metres).
- Slot co-ordinated: No slot constraints.
- Operating hours: From Wednesday to Sunday 10:00 – 18:00. The airport may be opened outside these hours upon request submitted by the airline company to the airport management.
- Terminals: One – 10,500 square metres.
- Stands: Eight aircraft stands – all nose-in.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- Equipped with completely new infrastructure, Castellón Airport can handle over two million passengers per year.
- Commenced operations in September 2015 when Ryanair launched flights from London Stansted and Bristol.
- Four routes are now served by Ryanair (Bristol, London Stansted and Sofia) and Blue Air (Bucharest).
- Largest airlines: Ryanair and Blue Air.
- Airport charges
- Annual report