Other major reasons to serve this airport
- The airport was opened in July 2008, and provides new facilities and available capacity.
- Burgos is a historic city, home of the only cathedral in Spain which has been individually awarded the World Heritage designation.
- The province is home to the Atapuerca, a major prehistoric archeological site, and designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Burgos city is also home to the Museum of Human Evolution.
- Major wine region (Ribera del Duero and Arlanza).
- It is also the location of Santo Domingo de Silos, a Romanesque monastery on the Way of St James.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2017 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season.
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Governement has approved an 11% reduction in all the airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It will be effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the local authorities, please go tohttp://www.turismoburgos.org
- 30-minute catchment: 211,122.
- 60-minute catchment: 492,285.
- 120-minute catchment: 3,803,668.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located four kilometres to the north-east of Burgos.
- The airport has a connection to the N-120 at km. 107. At this point there is a roundabout with an exit to the airport access road that leads to the front of the terminal building.
- Plaza de España-Airport, Line 24.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One (2,100m).
- Operating hours:
- 16 Feb-15 Jun & 16 Sep-15 Nov; Summer 09:00-15:00; Winter 10:00-16:00 UTC (1);
- 16 Jun-15 Sep; 06:00-06:30, 09:00-15:00 and 16:30-17:00 (1);
- 16 Nov-15 Feb; 10:30-15:30 (1);
- (1) For other operational hours, prior request, consult NOTAM in force.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857757985#ancla3
For more regional information please go to:
- Castilla y Leon Tourism: http://www.turismocastillayleon.com
- Municipal Tourist Office: http://www.aytoburgos.es
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 19,211 domestic passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: scheduled and charter flights.
- Main carrier: Inaer Helicopteros.