Other major reasons to serve this airport
- This airport was opened in July 2008: new facilities and available capacity.
- Burgos is a historic city, home of the only cathedral in Spain which has been individually awarded the World Heritage designation.
- The province is home to the Atapuerca, a major prehistoric archeological site, and designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Burgos city is also home to the Museum of Human Evolution.
- Major wine region (Ribera del Duero and Arlanza).
- Location of Santo Domingo de Silos. Romanesque monastery on the Way of St James.
- Burgos Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency, according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers in 2018 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season.
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
- 30-minute catchment: 211,100.
- 60-minute catchment: 492,300.
- 120-minute catchment: 3,800,000.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located four kilometres to the north-east of Burgos.
- The airport has a connection to the N-120 at km. 107. At this point there is a roundabout with an exit to the airport access road that leads to the front of the terminal building.
- Plaza de España-Airport, Line 24.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One (2,100m).
- Operating hours:
- Summer: Mon and Thur 06:00-18:00, Tue, Wed, Fri and Sun 07:30-17:00, Sat 07:30-16:30;
- Winter: Mon and Thur 07:00-19:00, Tue, Wed, Fri and Sun 08:30-18:00,Sat 08:30-17:30;
- (1) Commercial flights subject to restrictions on operating hours.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
For more regional information please go to:
- Castilla y Leon Tourism: http://www.turismocastillayleon.com
- Municipal Tourist Office: http://www.aytoburgos.es
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 10,200 domestic passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 78% regular and 22% charter flights.
- Main carrier: Air Nostrum, Inaer Helicopteros.