Other major reasons to serve this airport
- A modern airport, in an affluent catchment, with over two million people within a one-hour drive time.
- Centrally located on the South Coast of England providing easy access to London, Midlands and Southwest England.
- Leading South Coast leisure airport currently serving 670,00 passengers per annum.
- Opportunities to serve long-haul destinations with the airport’s 2,271m long runway.
- Excellent surface access by road and rail.
- Bournemouth and Dorset are popular destinations for inbound visitors to the UK (3.5 million visitors to the region each year)
. Home of the ‘Jurassic Coast’, England’s first natural UNESCO world heritage site, New Forest National Park, Stonehenge and the Glastonbury Festival.
- Bournemouth has the highest number of language schools outside of London.
Marketing and other support
- Dedicated on-site marketing team.
- Fully integrated marketing campaigns for all new airlines to achieve maximum coverage in the region.
- Fully integrated PR support including inaugural route launches.
- Contract specific and financial support negotiated
- 30-minute catchment area – Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch and Wimborne.
- 60-minute catchment area – Southampton, Winchester, Portsmouth and Weymouth.
- 120-minute catchment area – London, Brighton, Devon and Bristol.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Bournemouth Airport is a potential gateway to the Channel Islands and offers the ideal location from which to serve the south of England.
- Integrator opportunity to serve the UK’s South and Southwest regions.
- The airport is capable of handling aircraft up to and including the AN124 and B747-400F, and has ample available capacity to accommodate your cargo needs for the South of England.
- 15 minutes to Bournemouth town centre and coast.
- Public transport direct from airport to Bournemouth town centre and train station.
- Bournemouth to London direct in two hours via train.
- Quick access to major roads connecting to London, Midlands and Southwest England.
- National Express connects Bournemouth Airport via regular shuttle.
Infrastructure & Operations
- New, modern terminal facilities.
- Runway(s): One; 2,271m x 46m.
- Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- 11 aircraft parking stands and with more remote parking stands available.
- 2,400 car parking spaces.
- In-flight catering facilities on-site.
- Ideal cargo gateway for the Channel Islands and Southwest England.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- £45 million re-development of facilities including terminal, security facilities and navigational aids.
- £60 million development of new business space at the Bournemouth Airport Aviation Business Park currently ongoing.
- Three key airlines and multiple tour operators.
- 7,000 air transport movements per annum.
- Over 30 destinations served.