Other major reasons to serve this airport
- A modern airport, in an affluent catchment, with over two million people within a one-hour drive time.
- Centrally located on the South Coast of England providing easy access to London, Midlands and Southwest England.
- Leading Southern England coastal airport currently serving 695,000 passengers per annum
- Opportunities to serve long-haul destinations with the airport’s 2,271m long runway.
- Excellent surface access by road and rail.
- The region welcomes over 9 million staying visitors each year, attracting 1.2 million from overseas.
Home of the ‘Jurassic Coast’, England’s first natural UNESCO world heritage site, New Forest National Park, Stonehenge and the Glastonbury Festival.
- Bournemouth has the highest number of language schools outside of London.
Marketing and other support
- Dedicated on-site marketing team.
- Fully integrated marketing campaigns for all new airlines to achieve maximum coverage in the region.
- Fully integrated PR support including inaugural route launches.
- Contract specific and financial support negotiated
- Bournemouth Airport offers access to a market of up to 2.6m
- 399k conurbation population
- 2m core catchment
- 0.5 floating catchment
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Bournemouth Airport is a potential gateway to the Channel Islands and offers the ideal location from which to serve the south of England.
- Integrator opportunity to serve the UK’s South and Southwest regions.
- The airport is capable of handling aircraft up to and including the AN124 and B747-400F, and has ample available capacity to accommodate your cargo needs for the South of England.
- 15 minutes to Bournemouth town centre and coast.
- Public transport direct from airport to Bournemouth town centre and train station.
- Bournemouth to London direct in two hours via train.
- Quick access to major roads connecting to London, Midlands and Southwest England.
- National Express connects Bournemouth Airport via regular shuttle.
Infrastructure & Operations
- New, modern terminal facilities.
- Runway(s): One; 2,271m x 46m.
- Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- 11 aircraft parking stands and with more remote parking stands available.
- 2,400 car parking spaces.
- In-flight catering facilities on-site.
- Ideal cargo gateway for the Channel Islands and Southwest England.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- £45 million re-development of facilities including terminal, security facilities and navigational aids.
- £60 million development of new business space at the Bournemouth Airport Aviation Business Park currently ongoing.
- Three key airlines and multiple tour operators.
- 7,000 air transport movements per annum.
- Over 30 destinations served.