Other Major reasons to serve this airport
- First rural destination in France with four million visitors every year.
- Largest northern European expatriate population in France (10% of the population is either British, Dutch or Belgian).
- Bergerac is located around 110 kilometres (one hour and 30 minutes) away from Bordeaux.
- The Dordogne is one of the only French departments that maintained its GDP level throughout the world economic crisis, and is a land of opportunities coveted by many Western Europeans, who are behind 60% of the recent business set-ups.
Marketing and other support
- Airport charges incentives and support for new services:
- First year: 75% discount on handling, landing and passenger fees;
- Second year: 50% discount on handling, landing and passenger fees;
- Third year: 25% discount on handling, landing and passenger fees.
- Strong partnership with Dordogne Tourist Board, who will co-finance major marketing campaigns before the start of each season with a continuous input throughout the year.
- Backed by local councils, media and general public.
- The airport is first choice for 58 local travel agents, and second choice for 78 others in its catchment area.
- 30-minute catchment area – 600,000 population.
- 60-minute catchment area – one million population.
- 120-minute catchment area – four million population.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
Bergerac Airport doesn’t feature any freight activity.
- 60-minute drive catchment area: one million dwellers.
- 120-minute drive catchment area: four million dwellers.
- One hour and 30-minute drive from Bordeaux by car.
- Four-hour journey from Paris by train.
- Dordogne department is located mid-way between Paris and the Pyrenees, close to the city of Bordeaux.
- Dordogne demographics:
- Population: 414,000;
- Population density: 46 inhabitants per square kilometre;
- Main cities: Périgueux, Bergerac, Sarlat.
Infrastructure & Operations
- One runway (28/10): 2,205m.
- Operating hours: 05:30 – 00:00.
- One terminal:
- Eight check-in desks;
- Two web check-in desks;
- Three parking stands;
- Three boarding gates.
- No slot constraints.
- Capable of handling: A321s, 737-800s and 757s occasionally.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- Terminal built in 2009.
- New runway since 2012.
- New ILS and RNAV.
- Passenger numbers: 286,226 passengers in 2013 (15% growth over 2012 figures).
- Largest carrier: Flybe.