Other major reasons to serve this airport
- 45 km east of Milan downtown – only 45 minutes to get there.
- Robust catchment area with 10 million residents within 90 minutes
- 894.000 companies based within 60 minutes.
- The Milan fashion district, also know as the world fashion capital, in the Centre of Milan.
- Market leader in 25-minutes turnarounds allowing higher aircraft utilisation and lower unit cost
- 24/7 operation without any limitations
- Easy slots access
- New terminal with larger facilities and high quality layout
- Dedicated service for premium passengers (fast track, two VIP lounges)
- Over 12.937.881 passengers and 123.031 tons of cargo in 2018, ranking 3rd airport in Italy for passengers and cargo./li>
Marketing and other support
- Milan-Bergamo airport has a competitive incentive schemes available to all airlines opening new scheduled services for the airport. Moreover the commercial team has developed the right tools to support any airlines wanting to operate in the Italian market, offering also a strong support in providing passenger profiles, traffic figures, historical trends, and other dedicated marketing actions.
The catchment area is not limited only to Milan and Lombardy, but also includes the north-eastern part of Italy, meaning a significant portion of Veneto (Verona) to the East, and the Piacenza province in Emilia Romagna (south). This catchment includes the areas with the highest GDP in Italy.
At the same time, if offers to inbound passengers diverse opportunities for tourism:
- several cities of art and culture: Milan, Bergamo, Brescia, Verona, Mantova, Piacenza
- shopping in Milan as well as in the many other shopping outlets and malls in our surroundings
- skiing on the nearby mountains as well as in Sondrio, Bormio, Livigno, etc etc
- lake tourism: Garda, Iseo, Maggiore, and Como are all within easy reach
- gastronomy and wine tourism…everywhere
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
Milan Bergamo airport is also an important freight airport:
- 3rd largest Italian cargo airport
- Over 123,031 tons during 2018
- Italian express courier hub
- 24/7 operation without night limitation
- Able to assist any kind of freighter aircraft
Milan Bergamo airport has a strategic position in the centre of northern Italy close to the main crossroads of the Italian motorway system. Milan is just 45 km away. The airport is the perfect gateway to access any North Italy regions.
In May 2015 the new «TEEM» or A58 motorway opened. This new road allows a series of areas in Lombardy region (South Est of Milan, Lodi, Pavia and Piacenza) to be reached from BGY quicker than ever in the past.
Infrastructure & Operations
- 3.024 runway/ILS cat3B
- 47 indipendent stands Icao Code C
- Runway capacity up to 26 movements per hour
- 24 hour operation
- Slot coordinated (but easy slots access)
- Single terminal structure with short walking distances
- 129.378.881 passengers in 2018
- 123,031 tonnes of freight in 2018
- 25% business passengers (2017 customer survey)