Other major reasons to serve this airport
George Best Belfast City Airport (GBBCA) is a regional airport situated just five minutes from the centre of Belfast, in Northern Ireland. The airport serves a range of UK domestic routes and European routes. GBBCA currently caters for over 2.8 million passengers per year, representing approximately 40% of the scheduled domestic air traffic to and from Northern Ireland. There has been significant investment in the infrastructure of the airport in recent years resulting in a bright, light and efficient terminal for our passengers to enjoy. Business passengers account for around 50% of the total traffic using the airport and the standard of our terminal facilities reflects their needs. GBBCA is looking to expand its route network to meet the growing demand for European services from Northern Ireland within our affluent catchment area and looks forward to working with airline partners to provide an unrivalled level of passenger service.
Marketing/and other support
Belfast City Airport is actively seeking new routes and opportunities. We work with airlines on a case-by-case basis to establish the market potential for new routes and believe in a partnership approach to business case development. To discuss new opportunities with us, please contact Ellie or Katy, via the contact details in this profile.
Airport Catchment area
- 30-minute catchment area 900,000 people.
- 60-minute catchment area 1,400,000 people.
- 120-minute catchment area 1,950,000 people.
Freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
Please contact the airport for freight opportunities.
- Belfast City Airport is located five minutes drive from the centre of Belfast.
- Over 50% of Northern Ireland’s largest businesses are located in this unique, immediate catchment area.
- We sit on one of Northern Ireland’s main arterial routes, the Sydenham Bypass, which is connected to the major motorway network in Northern Ireland.
- The airport is well-served by public transport, with buses to the City Centre every 20 minutes, and a railway station linked to the airport by courtesy bus.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One - 1,829 metres.
- Slot Coordinated: No.
- Operating hours: 0630 – 2130.
- Terminals: One, with central boarding lounge for all passengers, opened in 2001.
- Min. connect time: N/a.
Belfast City Airport is home to six major airlines – British Airways, KLM, Aer Lingus, Flybe, Vueling and Citywing. We serve around 2.8 million passengers per year, with over 50% of our passengers flying on business. We are proud of our:
- City-centre location, at the heart of Belfast;
- Best-in-class operations;
- A wealthy, frequent flying catchment area;
- Yield premium for airlines;
- Unrivalled marketing support.