Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Ever since the early 2000s significant positive developments have taken place in the economy of Georgia, making it one of the fastest growing economies in Eastern Europe.
- The World Bank dubbed Georgia “the number one economic reformer in the world” because it has in one year improved from rank 112th to 9th in terms of ease of doing business.
- Day by day, Georgia is becoming more integrated into the global trading network. Tourism is an increasingly significant part of the Georgian economy. The number of arrivals has reached 6.3 million exceeding year 2011 by 70% (www.gnta.ge).
- Batumi, located on the south west Black Sea region of the country, is the tourism center of Georgia. Visitors may enjoy the glamorous land cover, refresh in the soothing botanical park or try their luck in the casinos. The resorts and five star hotels are at visitor’s disposal for a comfortable accommodation.
- The large port and strategic position on the railway network also make Batumi an important commercial center on the Turkish – Georgian border.
Marketing/and other support
Batumi Airport (BUS) appreciates and supports all airlines interested in new routes in strategic markets by offering incentive schemes. Depending on the route growth in question, airlines may be eligible for various additional backing, both financial as well as in terms of advertising.
Airport Catchment area
Tbilisi Airport and Batumi Airport (both operated by the TAV Airports) – are the only airports in Georgia. Together the airports serve a catchment of 6 million. All the main cities of Georgia are in the catchment area of these two airports.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Infrastructure & Operations
Batumi Airport offers a turnaround time of 40 minutes that saves considerable time and money per aircraft.
- Runways: 1 runway (2,500 m)
- Terminal Capacity: 0.6 million
- Terminal Area: 4,000 m²
- Check-in counters: 6
- Boarding Gate: 2
- Baggage Claim: 1
- 213,729 (2014)
- 226,476 (2015)
- 312,330 (2016)
- 3,198 (2014)
- 3,006 (2015)
- 3,818 (2016)