Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Region with important tourist attractions and a great biodiversity. It is necessary to highlight the existence of National Parks of Cornalvo and Monfragüe.
- Cáceres and Mérida, located at the Extremadura Region, have been designated as an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Important Renaissance buildings of Old Quarter of Cáceres and Roman monuments of Archaeological ensemble of Mérida.
- Good performance of existing facilities (hotels…).
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers in 2020 and discover which one suit your type of operation best:
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 271,000 inhabitants.
- 60-minute catchment: 574,400 inhabitants.
- 120-minute catchment: 823,100 inhabitants.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located 17 kilometres from the capital and 45 kilometres from Merida.
- Access to the airport is by an access road which branches off the N-V.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway: One (2,852m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 06:30-18:00; Winter 07:30-19:00.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more Extremadura regional information go to:
- Extremadura Regional Department of Tourism
- Provincial Tourist Board
- Badajoz Municipal Tourist Office
- Cáceres Municipal Tourist Office
- Mérida Town Hall Tourist Office
- Tourism in Spain
- Gastronomic tourism website of Badajoz
- Passengers (commercial): 74,200 domestic pax; 1,206 international pax
- Flights: 99% scheduled; 1% charter.
- Main carrier: Air Nostrum.