Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Region with important tourist attractions and a great biodiversity. It is necessary to highlight the existence of National Parks of Cornalvo and Monfragüe.
- Cáceres and Mérida, located at the Extremadura Region, have been designated as an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Important Renaissance buildings of Old Quarter of Cáceres and Roman monuments of Archaeological ensemble of Mérida.
- Good performance of existing facilities (hotels).
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2017 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route; on long-haul routes, on airports with less than 3 million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season.
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Governement has approved an 11% reduction in all the airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It will be effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minute catchment: 271,018 inhabitants.
- 60-minute catchment: 574,386 inhabitants.
- 120-minute catchment: 823,087 inhabitants.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located 17 kilometres from the capital and 45 kilometres from Merida.
- Access to the airport is by an access road which branches off the N-V.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway: One (2,852m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 06:30-18:00; Winter 07:30-19:00.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more Extremadura regional information go to:
- Extremadura Regional Department of Tourism
- Provincial Tourist Board
- Badajoz Municipal Tourist Office
- Cáceres Municipal Tourist Office
- Mérida Town Hall Tourist Office
- Tourism in Spain
- Gastronomic tourism website of Badajoz
- Passengers: 46,525 domestic passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 91% scheduled flights; 9% charter flights.
- Largest carriers: Air Nostrum.