Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Region with important tourist attractions and a great biodiversity – in particular the Monfragüe and Cornalvo National Parks.
- Caceres, located in the Extremadura Region, has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Important palaces and Roman monuments.
- Good performance of existing facilities (hotels etc.).
Marketing and other support
- For increasing number of passengers on a route;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Note: A 1.9% reduction in all the airport charges will be effective on 1st March 2016.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, temporary discounts on parking, VIP lounges, shops and F&B, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 1,092,328 inhabitants.
- 60-minute catchment: 1,740,419 inhabitants.
- 120-minute catchment: 3,286,006 inhabitants.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located 17 kilometres from the capital and 45 kilometres from Merida.
- Access to the airport is by an access road which branches off the N-V.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway: One (2,852m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 06:30-18:00; Winter 07:30-19:00.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857757721#ancla37
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more Extremadura regional information go to:
- Extremadura Regional Department of Tourism
- Provincial Tourist Board
- Badajoz Municipal Tourist Office
- Cáceres Municipal Tourist Office
- Mérida Town Hall Tourist Office
- Tourism in Spain
- Gastronomic tourism website of Badajoz
- Passengers: 20,412 domestic passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 97% scheduled flights; 3% charter flights.
- Largest carriers: Air Europa.