Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Asturias is a major environmental area: 21.5% of land is under protection.
- Asturias is the Spanish region that gets the highest satisfaction marks from international tourists – 9.4 out of 10.
- Asturias has important cultural values: Prince of Asturias Foundation, Niemeyer Center, Pre-Romanic architecture…and more.
- Situated very close to Picos de Europa Mountains and the Atlantic coast, it allows access to major winter and summer nature sports, as well as mountain and rural tourism.
- The Center for the Development of Information and Communication Technologies is located in Asturias.
- The Port of Gijon is able to receive cruise ships of any size.
Marketing and other support
- For increasing number of passengers on a route;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Note: A 1.9% reduction in all the airport charges will be effective on 1st March 2016.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, temporary discounts on parking, VIP lounges, shops and F&B, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
To contact the local authorities, please go to http://www.asturiasturismo.com
- 30-minute catchment: 705,807.
- 60-minute catchment: 946,364.
- 120-minute catchment: 1,371,408.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Asturias Airport is located in the municipal district of Castrillón, 15 kilometres from Aviles, 41 kilometres from Gijon and 46 kilometres from Oviedo.
- The airport can be accessed by both the A8 motorway and by the N632 national highway.
- Airport-Aviles-Gijon- Oviedo line.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (2,200m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours:
- Summer season: 05:30-21:45;
- Winter season: 06:30-22:45.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857749818#ancla36
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information go to:
- Regional Tourism Society
- Official Site of the Principality of Asturias
- Oviedo City Hall
- Gijon City Hall
- Aviles Town Council
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial):
- Domestic: 978,333.
- International: 137,863.
- Air Transport Movements: 98% scheduled flights; 2% charter flights.
- Freight: 64 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (top five): Vueling, Iberia, Air Europa, easyJet and Volotea.