Total continent volumes
|Total North American market: Annual arriving and departing market between Aruba and North America Q1 2014 was 342,928 pax – down 1% vs 2013.|
|Total European market: Annual arriving and departing market between Aruba and Europe Q1 2014 was approximately 24,850 pax – up 24% vs 2013|
|Total Latin America market: Annual arriving and departing market between Aruba and Latin America Q1 2014 was approximately 122,644 pax – up 5% vs 2013|
|Total Caribbean market: Annual arriving and departing market between Aruba and the rest of the Caribbean in Q1 2014 was 63,688 pax – up 8% vs 2013|
Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Strategically located within the Americas
- US Pre-cleared Station
- Aruba Airport Information Update
Marketing and other support
- Aruba Airport Authority N.V. offers tailored support packages to airline partners whom are members of our family and those that are contemplating joining in the fun.
- We have a close working relationship with our tourism partners: the Aruba Tourism Authority and the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association.
- Our detailed support package for marketing, sales and public relations is a collaboration of best practices from each stakeholder and a sure recipe for success!
- Launching a service is one thing, but working together to maintain and grow service is our secret to success. Plus, we have earned a reputation for throwing the best service launch parties in the region.
- AAA receives “Highly Commended” and Runner-up status at The Routes Airport Marketing Awards in The Bahamas
- Aruba Airport wins 1st prize for excellence in Airline Marketing
- Aruba Airport launches new website
- Aruba Airport’s Airline Appreciation event
- LAN Colombia is prepared to bring more tourism to Aruba
- COPA Airlines celebrates its 5th anniversary in Aruba
- Aruba Airport Authority acquires Southwest Airlines
- Aruba Airport welcomed the Arke Dreamliner
- United Airlines: Additional nonstop weekly service from Houston to Aruba later this year
- Latin America Air Service Development: Additional service and schedule changes by Copa and LAN Airlines
- Aruba Airport Authority welcomes Southwest Airlines on their inaugural flight to Aruba With 15 weekly flights from 3 destinations
- We are proud to include Southwest Airlines in our Big Aruban family Southwest Airlines operates daily more than 3,600 flights With the largest fleet of Boeing in the world
- You can get from one side to the other side of the island within 45 minutes. Traffic? All right – make it 35 minutes. Imagine this; time between deplaning and enjoying your first cocktail underneath a palm tree with sun block – 60 minutes flat.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Aruba’s capital city Oranjestad is located five minutes from the airport
- The main road connecting the western and eastern part of the island passes in front of the airport
- Taxi cabs, bus transportation and car rental agencies are located on property
- Eagle Beach, famous for miles of white beaches and turquoise waters, hosts several low-rise resorts, time share and condominium properties are a mere 10-minute ride from the airport
- Palm Beach, the largest strip of beach and home to world-class high-rise resorts, is not very far from Eagle Beach and not more than 15 minutes by car from the airport
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: one runway 11/29 – 2808 meters long
- Slot Coordinated: No
- Operating hours: 07:00 – 24:00 daily
- A single-terminal concept with a USA departing wing; a non-USA departing wing and an arrival wing in the middle. There are continuous renovations going on.
- Min. connect time: 1 hr and 45 minutes
- Fantastic Shopping Mall; Central Security; Food Court; WiFi; VIP Lounges
- Pre-Clearance US Customs and immigration
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- Aruba Airport is currently undergoing an “Extreme Makeover” as we like to call it. All departure areas have undergone this makeover over the last three to four years and now our main focus is the arrival areas.
- Our airport is currently expanding its south side where it accommodates its private airplanes in order in increase parking capacity with 61%.
- Also the construction of 2 additional remote stands for category “C” aircraft (Boeing 737-300/Airbus 320) is under-way and is scheduled for completion before the end of 2014
- The new remote stands will enjoy a new 410m2 lounge area with a seating capacity for 180 pax, F&B Area and additional restrooms.