Total continent volumes
|Total North American market: Passenger O&D between Aruba and North America in 2019 was 1,904,670 pax.|
|Total European market: Passenger O&D between Aruba and Europe in 2019 was 168,223 pax.|
|Total Latin America market: Passenger O&D between Aruba and Latin America in 2019 was 401,058 pax.|
|Total Caribbean market: Passenger O&D between Aruba and the rest of the Caribbean in 2019 was 186,889 pax.|
Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Strategically located within the Americas
- US Pre-cleared Station
- Aruba Airport Information Update
- Aruba Airport increases Airport Charges for airlines as of July 1, 2018
Marketing and other support
- Aruba Airport Authority N.V. offers tailored support packages to airline partners whom are members of our family and those that are contemplating joining in the fun.
- We have a close working relationship with our tourism partners: the Aruba Tourism Authority and the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association.
- Our detailed support package for marketing, sales and public relations is a collaboration of best practices from each stakeholder and a sure recipe for success!
- Launching a service is one thing, but working together to maintain and grow service is our secret to success. Plus, we have earned a reputation for throwing the best service launch parties in the region.
- AUA Airport refining its Restart Phasing Plan
- 1st Aviation Cake Baking Competition
- First OSS Operation at AUA
- Southwest 5th Anniversary at AUA
- Airline Funstacle Event 2019
- 2019 Performance and Super Weekend 2020
- 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Copa Airlines Best On-Time Performance at AUA
- American Airlines launches new service between Aruba and New York
- Joost Meijs CEO AAA
- 2018 Results & Figures
- AUA ASQ Results 218
- Aeropuerto Internacional Reina Beatrix” now has its own logo
- American Airlines inaugurated direct flights from Dallas and Chicago to Aruba!
- Aruba Airport signs $33 million contract with BEUMER Group
- Delta Airlines 2nd Weekly Frequency and Year-Round Service
- Aruba Airport hosts 1st annual airline competition
- Conviasa Inaugural flight VLN-AUA
- Aruba Airport festively welcomed Air Century to Aruba
- Aruba Airport hosts 1st Official Spotter’s Day
- Aruba Airport officially signs the Financial Close
- Aruba’s Queen Beatrix International Airport is the first U.S. CBP Preclearance Facility to Pilot the Facial Biometrics Entry Program
- You can get from one side to the other side of the island within 45 minutes. Traffic? All right – make it 35 minutes. Imagine this; time between deplaning and enjoying your first cocktail underneath a palm tree with sun block – 60 minutes flat.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Aruba’s capital city Oranjestad is located five minutes from the airport
- The main road connecting the western and eastern part of the island passes in front of the airport
- Taxi cabs, bus transportation and car rental agencies are located on property
- Eagle Beach, famous for miles of white beaches and turquoise waters, hosts several low-rise resorts, time share and condominium properties are a mere 10-minute ride from the airport
- Palm Beach, the largest strip of beach and home to world-class high-rise resorts, is not very far from Eagle Beach and not more than 15 minutes by car from the airport
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: one runway 11/29 – 2808 meters long
- Slot Coordinated: No
- Operating hours: 07:00 – 24:00 daily
- A single-terminal concept with a USA departing wing; a non-USA departing wing and an arrival wing in the middle. There are continuous renovations going on.
- Min. connect time: 1 hr and 45 minutes
- Fantastic Shopping Mall; Central Security; Food Court; WiFi; VIP Lounges
- Pre-Clearance US Customs and immigration
Latest & Ongoing Airport Developments
- Free WIFI system
- New Underground Fueling System
- F&B Renovations & Expansions
- Revamp of VIP lounges & terminal restrooms
- New baggage system upgrade up to full EDS TSA standards
- 3 additional Gate positions
- Expansion U.S check-in hall
- Rehabilitation of the runway
- Revamp NON US Departures Plaza
- Rehabilitation aircraft stands 1 & 2
- Beautification of the terminal
- Replacement runway edge lights with full LED system
- Expansion project South Side General Aviation apron
- East Side Apron extension – 2 category “C” (B737/A320) remote stands
- West Side Apron extension – 2 category “C” (B737/A320) remote stands
Air Service Developments
- jetBlue increases summer service from JFK to 3 daily (4 daily on SAT) from late June to early September
- American Airlines increases LGA service to double SAT during month of April to early May
- Avianca increases service back to 2 daily to BOG
- United Airlines focuses on Chicago growth by increasing service from 2 to 5 weekly
- Aruba Airlines adds 2 new services to Medellin and Baranquilla
- jetBlue Airways keeps up with strong BOS demand during peak holiday weeks with 2 additional weekly flights
- Air Canada includes additional mid-week service out of Toronto duing winter season
- Delta Air Lines introduces larger aircraft our of BOS & MSP during winter season
- American Airlines adds new service to New York La Guardia
- American Airlines extends the seasonal NY La Guardia service to year round
- Spirit Airlines adds 2 weekly flights for the period May – August 2019
- Southwest Airlines adds additional SUN service out of BWI for Summer 2019
- Delta Air Lines adds additional TUE service to MSP-AUA route starting Feb 19, 2019. The route is operated 2x weekly with their B737-800
- Southwest adds additional SUN service out of BWI for Summer 2019.
- Conviasa started LSP service on Nov 9, 2018 with 2x daily service on MON, TUE, THU, FRI & SAT
- JetBlue Airways in winter 2018/19 season increased capacity on Boston – Aruba route, as the airline scheduled mono-class Airbus A321 aircraft on 1 daily flight, from 15NOV18
- Delta Air Lines extends seasonal service to BOS to year round.
- American Airlines launched new routes to DFW & ORD with 1x weekly flights on Saturdays for both destinations on Dec 22, 2018. Additionally, American Airlines added a 3rd daily service to MIA for full winter period 2018-2019
- New airline Conviasa started VLN-AUA service 2x weekly on Oct 12, 2018
- New airline Air Century launched 2-3x weekly service JBQ-AUA on July 2, 2018.
- New airline Winair started CUR-AUA 6x weekly service on July 19, 2018
- Delta adds new BOS service to their AUA network. Service on 1x weekly on SAT with B737-900
- Avianca increased service from Bogota to Aruba from 11x weekly flights to double daily service starting June 17, 2018. Double daily service will now include TUE, WED & THU as well.
- TUI Airlines expanded its Caribbean network on June 15th, adding new service to Aruba once a week on Fridays with their B787-800 aircraft
- Wingo increased BOG-AUA service to 3x weekly adding WED service during summer season from June 26 to Aug 4
- Aruba Airlines launched on May 21 Las Piedras service 2x weekly on MON & FRI CRJ2 (50 seats)
- Divi Divi Air started new scheduled service out of CUR to AUA with 11 weekly flights (except Tuesdays), with double daily flights on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Aruba Airport proudly welcomed Allegiant Air for the 1st time to Aruba on Jan 24, 2018 with a chartered flight out of Indiana.