Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Almería has important cultural and tourism attractions such as Cabo de Gata: a splendid major Natural Park and the largest terrestrial-maritime reserve in the European Western Mediterranean sea.
- Good performance of existing facilities (hotels, golf courses).
- Tabernas desert is one of the most geologically interesting landscapes in Europe and is still used today for the shooting of many films and westerns.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2017 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For increasing the number of passengers on a route;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Governement has approved an 11% reduction in all the airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It will be effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the local authorities, please go tohttp://www.turismodealmeria.org/en
- 30-minute catchment: 395,799.
- 60-minute catchment: 641,483.
- 120-minute catchment: 2,130,622.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Almería Airport is nine kilometres to the east of the region’s capital city, 500 metres from the coast.
- The airport can be reached from Almería via the A-7 highway or via N 344 that connects Almería with the A-7.
- Line 22: Airport- Almería City Centre.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (3,200m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 05:10-20:45 (+1h PPR); Winter 06:10-21:45 UTC (+1H PPR).
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857749056#ancla3
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Andalusian Tourism
- Almería Provincial Tourism Board
- Almería City Hall
- Tourism in Spain
- Patronato de Turismo (Diputación de Almería)
- Passengers (commercial): 405,002 domestic passengers; 505,001 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 85% scheduled flights; 15% charter flights.
- Freight: 32 tonnes.
- Largest carriers: Air Nostrum, easyJet, Vueling, Air Europa and Ryanair.