The Bavarian Alps Airport – Your smart way to 4 countries, 4 seasons and 11.3 Mio people
- Memmingen Airport – completely financed and supported by 76 regional and private stakeholders, is the best alternative in Southern Germany, just 60 min driving time to Germany’s third largest city Munich and 80 min by car to the automotive capital Stuttgart.
- Memmingen Airport, the one and only regional airport south of the Danube with easy access to the Munich Metropolitan Area, offers one of the most attractive catchment areas to cover Southern Germany, Western Austria and Eastern Switzerland: 8.1 million Inhabitants within 90 min drive, 3.2 million inhabitants within direct reach of the airport and approx. 11.3 million within 2 hours driving time.
- Due to the great location at the motorway intersection A7/A96, there is an easy accessibility to the catchment area – by bus, train, taxi, rental car or express coach. The Allgäu Airport Express Bus offers direct connections to the central railway station in Munich, Dornbirn, St.Gallen and Zurich.
- In addition, the catchment area offers also a prosperous economic region and therefore shows a high potential. Memmingen and its catchment area is with its GDP 90 % above European and about 30 % above German average.
- Memmingen is the gateway to Germany’s largest tourism region and to some of the world most famous summer and winter sports regions. 5 of 10 main Bavarian tourist attractions are situated within 60 minutes of the airport. Tourists can visit the beautiful fairy tale castles (e.g. Neuschwanstein in Füssen, 45min drive) and spectacular scenery or attend varies sport activities (e.g. Golf courses, climbing courses).
- Memmingen guarantees 365 days demand as city destination
- Memmingen airport offers a low cost structure for their clients but nevertheless excellent ground handling, security and customer service and further extremely competitive turnaround with 25 minutes on average.
- The airport shows an impressive reliability (99.6% with ILS Cat I and anti-skid runway) and a high load factor and passenger volume.
- But there is still a huge potential for expansion. Eastern Europe, the Benelux countries and Baltic states are still underserved. Cities like Vienna, Paris, Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Madrid are typical desirable destinations.
Marketing and other support
We offer individual marketing packages which are tailored to the needs of the airline to reach optimally the customers.
- Exclusive online travel portal for trips from/to Memmingen flyMemmingen.de
- Online advertising at www.allgaeu-airport.com
- Advertising in social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Advertising in Memmingen Airports magazine ‘AirReport’ (published twice a year), mailings and local media
- Airline promotion at trade fairs
- Participation at special roadshows and B2B events
Just sit back and relax and watch our clip about FMM:
- Allgäu airport serves one of Europe’s most heavily populated, affluent and actively industrial regions. Within 2 hours drive 11.7 million people live in our catchment area.
|Memmingen – Kempten||20 min|
|Memmingen – Ulm||30 min|
|Memmingen – Switzerland||45 min|
|Memmingen – Bregenz||50 min|
|Memmingen – Augsburg||50 min|
|Memmingen – Feldkirch||60 min|
|Memmingen – Munich||60 min|
|Memmingen – Stuttgart||80 min|
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Real Estate to develop freight available
- Many well-known forwarding agencies in our region: e.g. Dachser GmbH & Co.KG (totally 24.900 employees), Honold Internationale GmbH & Co. KG, Epple Internationale Spedition GmbH, Nagel Verwaltung & Logistik GmbH, Georg Kolb GmbH & Co. KG, Gebrüder Weiss Transport & Logistik GmbH
- The airport is located at the motorway intersection A7/A96
- 30 min driving time to Ulm (source: Google maps)
- 60 min driving time to Munich (source: Google maps)
- 30 min driving time to Austria (source: Google maps)
- 45 min driving time to Switzerland (source: Google maps)
- 80 min driving time to Stuttgart (source: Google maps)
- Easy accessibility to the catchment area – by bus, train, taxi, rental car or express coach
Infrastructure & Operations:
- IATA: FMM
- ICA: EDJA
- 1 Terminal (newly built in 2007) with 11 check-in counter and 7 gates
- Terminal Capacity: up to 2.000.000 pax
- Location: 2.37 NM (4.4km) 090° from the city of Memmingen
- Runway: 2.981m length
- No Slot restrictions
- Operating hours: 06.00 – 23.30 LT (between 22:30 and 23:30 with restrictions)
As a service for our customers we offer…
- Free WiFi at the whole terminal for an unlimited period
- Express coach connections with the Allgäu Airport Express to Munich, Dornbirn, St.Gallen and Zurich or individual coaches (www.allgäu-airport-express.de)
- Rental Car: Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt
- Bavarian Beergarden in the public area with direct view at the apron and Coffee Fellows
- A wide selection of goods at the Travel Value & Duty Free Shop
- Playground outside and inside
- Travel Agencies
- Car Parking with a jump from/to the terminal with a competitive price
- Runway widening
- Terminal expansion
- Increase of reliability of 99,3 % to 99,8 % by increase of ILS
- Passenger Numbers: 2015: 883.490 Pax/ 2016: 996.714 Pax/ Exp. 2017: 1.100.000 Pax
- Based aircraft: 1 – Ryanair since 2017
- Passenger Distribution: 60% Outgoing / 40% Incoming – 50% Leisure / 30% VFR / 10% Business
- Airlines: Ryanair, Wizzair, Pobeda, FlyNiki, PeoplesViennaline, Corendon
- Destinations: 38
- We offer unusual commercial premises and premises for innovative companies looking for a special site. The former military buildings of the airport are ideally suitable for a prestigious office or a large storage area with unique flair.
- Visit us here
For further information please visit our website www.allgaeu-airport.com