Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Well known tourist destination with a complete offer of beaches, leisure and culture.
- There are 200 kilometres of coastline known as the Costa Blanca in Alicante province. There are 68 beaches in Alicante have the blue flag distinction.
- The most important festival, the Bonfires of Saint John, takes place during the Summer solstice.
- The Costa Blanca has become one of the favorite golf destinations for lovers of the sport thanks to the variety and quality of facilities. There are 16 golf courses in Alicante.
- Alicante is one of the fastest-growing cities in Spain.
- Important second residence for European tourism.
- The Alicante-Elche airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Various private companies and associations have rewarded the airport´s work:
- Alicante-Elche Airport was named Best Airport by Size and Region (5-15 million passenger in Europe), at the ASQ (Airport Service Quality) awards given by the Airports Council International (ACI) in 2018.
- Best airport of Europe in the “10 to 25 million passenger” category at the XIII ACI Europe Award in 2017.
- Airport with the most new airlines, Anna.Aero in July 2016.
- Alicante-Elche airport receives the City of Benidorm Tourism Award in 2014.
- The airline Jet2.com rewarded Alicante Airport in 2012 for its contribution to safety in all operational processes.
- Alicante-Elche airport’s new terminal received an award to the best public works of the province in 2011.
- Alicante-Elche airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Safety Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
- Alicante-Elche airport received an award in 2011 for the maintenance of AENOR certification in environmental management and quality systems.
- Alicante-Elche airport collected the award “Anticipated 2010” in the category of companies and institutions for their work on prevention of occupational hazards in their facilities.
- Alicante-Elche Airport has Level 1 certification under ACI Europe’s Airport Carbon Accreditation Programme for the measurement of its reduced carbon footprint.
- As part of the environmental initiatives that Alicante-Elche Airport is implementing, it has installed photovoltaic modules.
- Information about COVID-19 measures in place can be found at Info COVID-19.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers in 2020 and discover which one suit your type of operation best:
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minute catchment: 1,300,000;
- 60-minute catchment: 2,900,000;
- 120-minute catchment: 5,300,000.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities, click here
- For further information, please contact email@example.com
- Alicante-Elche Airport is located at 8 km to the southwest of the capital, in the municipality of Elche.
- Airport access is via the A-7 and N-332. The distance between the urban centre of Alicante and the turnoff for the airport is 8 km.
- Several bus lines connect the airport with the centre of Alicante, the towns of Torrellano, Elche, Benidorm, Calpe, Santa Pola, Guardamar and Torrevieja, and the city of Murcia.
- Alicante-Airport, Line C6 (connection with regional rail network TRAM)
- Elche-Airport-Arenales del Sol, Line 1B
- Elche-Airport, Line 1A
- Benidorm-Airport line
- Murcia-Airport line
- Torrevieja-Airport line
- Santa Pola-Airport line
- Alicante-Elche Airport is connected by the C-6 bus route to the different Train-tram and tram routes of Alicante’s TRAM Metropolitano, linking the city centre with towns on the Costa Blanca, including El Campello, La Vila Joiosa, Benidorm, L’Alfàs del Pi, Altea, Calp, Benissa, Gata, Teulada and Denia.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One runway (3,000m).
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated.
- Operating hours: 24 hours.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more Alicante regional information go to:
- Valencia Tourist Agency
- Costa Blanca Provincial Tourist Board
- Elche Town Hall
- Alicante Town Hall
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 1.7 millions domestic pax; 13.3 millions international pax.
- Flights: 98% regular; 2% charter.
- Freight: 4,000 tons
- Largest carriers (Top 5): Ryanair, easyJet, Vueling, Norwegian and Jet2.com.