Other Major reasons to serve this airport
- Well known tourist destination with a complete offer of beaches, leisure and culture.
- In Alicante province there are 200 coast kilometers known as Costa Blanca.
- The most important festival, the Bonfires of Saint John, takes place during the summer solstice
- Alicante is one of the fastest-growing cities in Spain.
- Important second residence for European tourism.
- Catchment area of 5.5 million population.
- 520 lodgings in Alicante region.
Marketing and other support
- Incentives are available in the Spanish airports in 2014:
- Passenger growth incentive: 75% discount in the passenger charge, for the additional passengers on a route to the same destination (50% in 2014 and 25% in 2015). 100% discount in the passenger charge if the route is to a new destination (75% in 2014 and 25% in 2015).
- Transfer incentive: 30% discount on passenger and security charges for the connecting passengers.
- Cargo Incentive: 100% reduction in cargo charge for connecting flights. 50% reduction in cargo charge for international flights.
- PR support for new routes such as:
- Opening flight ceremony: a press release, water cannon salute at the opening flight.
- Promotional discounts: Discount at the Airport’s parking for the passengers of the new route, discounts at participating airport F&B points, discount at the Airport’s VIP lounge for the passengers.
- Promotion of the new route: Promotion of the new route at Aena’s web page and social networks.
- Publicity at the airport: Space at the airport for publicity.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
- Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market information: statistics & market analysis upon request at email@example.com
- 30 minutes: 1,248,793
- 60 minutes: 2,826,839
- 120 minutes: 5,489,968
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/comercial/en/Page/1237559484370/Air-cargo.html
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alicante Airport is located at 9 km to the southwest of the capital, in the municipality of Elche.
- Airport access is via the A-7 and N-332. The distance between the urban centre of Alicante and the turnoff for the airport is 8 kilometres.
- Several bus lines connect the airport with the centre of Alicante, the towns of Torrellano, Elche, Benidorm, Calpe, Santa Pola, Guardamar and Torrevieja, and the city of Murcia.
- Alicante-Airport, Line C6 (connection with regional rail network TRAM)
- Elche-Airport-Arenales del Sol, Line 1B
- Elche-Airport, Line 1A
- Benidorm-Airport line
- Murcia-Airport line
- Torrevieja-Airport line
- Santa Pola-Airport line
- Alicante Airport is connected by the C-6 bus route to the different Train-tram and tram routes of Alicante’s TRAM Metropolitano, linking the city centre with towns on the Costa Blanca, including El Campello, La Vila Joiosa, Benidorm, L’Alfàs del Pi, Altea, Calp, Benissa, Gata, Teulada and Denia.
Infrastructure & Operations:
- Runways (number and length): 1 runway (3000m)
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated
- Operating hours: 24 hours
- Terminals: 1 (new terminal opened in March 2011, replacing the previous 2).
- AIP: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/en/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857748937#ancla33
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more Alicante regional information go to:
- Valencia Tourist Agency
- Costa Blanca Provincial Tourist Board
- Elche Town Hall
- Alicante Town Hall
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 1,409,154 domestic pax; 7,429,695 international pax.
- Air transport movements: 91% regular flights; 9% charter flights.
- Frieght: 2,500 tons.
- Largest carriers (Top 10): Ryanair, easyJet, Monarch Airlines, airberlin, Vueling, Jet2.com, Norwegian, transavia.com, Thomson Airways and Iberia Express