Moscow Domodedovo Airport (DME/UUDD)
New routes and frequency possibilities and why these routes would work
Other major reasons to serve this airport
- The biggest airport in Moscow, Russia and Eastern Europe in terms of passenger traffic
- The only airport in Moscow with two parallel runways for simultaneous use
- Non IATA slot - coordinated
- The largest network to Russia and CIS from Moscow
Marketing and other support
- Special support for start up period
- Joint inaugural events
- Joint advertising
- Promotion in mass media
More than 40m inhabitants within a few hours of ground transportation
- 75% of Russian passengers fly abroad from/via Moscow (Total int. traffic 32.8m)
- 70% of domestic traffic goes to/from/via Moscow (Total dom. traffic 26.2m)
- 50% of railway passenger traffic goes to/from/via Moscow (Total railway traffic 223m)
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
The economic impact of this major world city is drastically under-represented, not only as a passenger traffic opportunity, but also in terms of freight – Domodedovo handled 145,000 tonnes in 2008.
- Dedicated non-stop airport express train every 30 minutes between DME and downtown terminal in the centre of Moscow (40 minutes travel time).
- 22 km from Moscow Ring Road (MKAD), 42 km from city centre.
- Shuttle buses and express coaches also circulate from the airport to the nearest Metro station along the dedicated highway.
Infrastructure & Operations:
- Runways (number and length): 2 runways for simultaneous use:
- RW32R: 3800 х 53 m, ICAO CATIIIа, 42 operations per hour
- RW14R: 3500 х 60 m, ICAO CATIIIа, 42 operations per hour
- Non-coordinated (IATA Level 1)
- Operating hours: 24 hours. No noise, emission, radio and electromagnetic radiation and other constrains.
- Main Terminal: International and Domestic “under one roof”; Downtown Terminal in the centre of Moscow (with check-in including checked baggage)
- 130 parking stands, 22 stands equipped with air bridges and hydrant fuel systems, 33 stands for self-propelled mode
- Total area of Passenger Terminal: 207 000 sqm.
- Passenger Terminal capacity: Departure area – 3,840 pax/hour; Arrival area – 3,500 pax/hour. Facilities include: 132 check-in desks, 12 airport CUSS kiosks for self-check-in, 56 cabins of passport control on departure, 54 passport control cabins on arrival, 44 gates, SITA DCS, fully automated baggage sorting system.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
Terminal 2 for International flights - construction to be started in 2010; area reserved for further development: 9,550 hectares
Data for 2008:
- Total: 20.4m
- International: 12m
- Domestic: 8.4m
- Scheduled: 16.5m
- Charter: 3.9m
- Transfer: 5.7m
- Leisure: 5.9m
- Freight: 145,000 tonnes
- Largest carrier: S7 (incl. Globus) – 5.5m pax